Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tourists

Though we were no longer in need of their offered moving assistance, mom and dad still came up to Spokane a few weekends ago to hang out with the Rolinator and me while Justin was out of town. 
My smart, thoughtful and dutifully documenting mother suggested we play tourist in Spokane, to make sure we experienced and snapped photos of the sites we’d soon leave unexplored. I’m so glad she came up with the idea; I really doubt it would have even crossed my mind until we got to Phoenix.
Not sure you know this or not, readers, but I was born in Spokane too. We lived there for just six months after my arrival.
This is Rolin and me in front of the house mom and dad called home as newlyweds. A neat fact about this house is that my dad moved the staircase. He just moved it! Before he and my mom went a courtin', he decided the staircase would be better on a different side of the house, so he did what any bachelor with power tools would do: he cut a hole in the floor and made new stairs. He told me this when I was little Christine and I remember thinking, "that is the coolest thing anyone has ever done!"

This is me where I was baptized.

We also headed down to Riverfront Park. We hit up the (huge) little red wagon, stood on the over-sized blocks, checked out the ducks and geese and then pretended to be Bloomsday runners.  




Go, dad go!

Rolin and I rode the carousel twice, once with Grandma and again with Grandpa.




Rolin loved it! He had a gaping smile on his face for the first half of both rides. He ended the last half of both rides with a slightly nauseated look on his face -- he kept it together, though. No barf from this kiddo (I don’t imagine we’ll always be this lucky).


Of course we finished the afternoon enjoying sno-cones. Though it may be hard to believe just by looking at the picture, Rolin said he preferred cherry over watermelon.

No comments: