Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Holiday! Celebrate!

Justin has been and will be gone for the majority of January, so please bear with my lack of posting!

The end of 2012 brought to close quite a year for Team Thompson. While there were really only three major events in 2012, they are considered, by most, I'd like to think, to be some of life's major milestones: Justin was promoted, we moved and we had a baby. All three of which happened in the first half of the year. 

The last half of 2012 seems to have gone by in a blur of crying, messy pants and lots of laundry, and that was just from taking care of Justin. I kid, I kid. 

On a serious note, we couldn't have made it as easily through 2012 without you, our family and friends. Thank you so much for the gifts, cards, food, celebrations, visits, prayers and more. We are so blessed! 

Now, on to a recap of December! We got to celebrate Christmas with family this year -- the first time in four years! As Justin works up to and the day after Christmas, we went to Grandview so he could work in Yakima and Kennewick but still be with us. 

Christmas Eve was spent with our immediate family at my parents' house, and Christmas Day was celebrated with the Olmsteads. It snowed all of Christmas Day, making for a beautiful white holiday. Rolin did OK...I think he was a little overwhelmed, but he scored quite a few presents and made friends with my little cousins. It'll be fun to watch him chase them around when he's a few years older.

And because I have other things I need to tend to, I'm going to sum up our trip in pictures. Enjoy!

Justin and baby Rolin checking out the snow. 

Brianna, Joe, Mom, Dad, Rolly, me, Justin on Christmas Eve.

"Yes? Did you need something? I'm very busy and important."

Mom and Dad's front porch (I made the wreath...crafty, crafty).

Hanging out by the Christmas tree.

Rolin loved checking out the snow. He even tried to eat it when he could get it near his mouth!

For giggles.

The Thompsons three.

Jay Jines came to celebrate Christmas with us. He was the casuality assistance officer who was assigned to our family when we lost Matt, and remained a good family friend. 

Rolly and mama check out the snow.

Uncle Joe and Aunt Brianna try for Rolly laughs.

Someone celebrated his 5-month birthday on Christmas Eve.

No comments: