We had a full house for Thanksgiving -- 11 adults and one baby! Most of the crew stayed a hotel, but gathered at our place during the days they were in town. This year, in addition to the many other blessings in our lives, I was very thankful to have inherited Grandma Chris' expand-o dining table.
Thanks to those of you who reached out with turkey-in-an-electric-roaster tips. Our turkey cooked in less time than expected and didn't explode, burn or stay raw. Nice and juicy. Flavorful, too. I used Giada's recipe for Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Citrus. Delish! I also made her Warm Artichoke & Bacon Dip. I gave myself a pat on the back for that dish.
We had plenty of people to keep Rolin company, the men washed the dishes, we watched a movie called "The Grey" (do yourself a favor and don't watch it -- I'm looking at you, Olmsteads!), the gals went out for a little pre- and Black Friday shopping, we snacked, we slept, we played games and we watched a lot of football. A lot.
Including...THE APPLE CUP. Go Cougs :)
Here are a few picture highlights:
Rolly and Uncle Joe
Rolin and Grandma Karen
Another four-generation shot: Grandma Grace, Grandma Karen, Rolin and Justin
Some of the gang. Thank goodness we did finally invest in a bigger couch!
Kitchen supervisors should always have a glass of wine...
Thanksgiving table.
Table from another angle (in the forefront: Breanna's cranberry-pear sauce. So good!).
Thanks for the bib, Aunt Kathy!
Justin carved the turkey after carefully studying Alton Brown's instructional video.
We failed to get an official shot of everyone sitting at the table, but you get the gist.
We hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!










No comments:
Post a Comment